Thursday, June 13, 2013

Is it wrong to suggest that Mormonism is NOT Christian in their beliefs?




For a long time now, several folks I know personally have protected certain Mormon friends that they have, and have defended them as being of a Christian Sect, that still believes in God and Jesus Christ, but have different orthopraxy. 


I am not bashing the Mormon's in this brief post, but wanting to say, simply, "They do not view the Evangelical Christian as "right" either."

Without apology, I am going to tell you, "they are wrong." At the risk of sounding harsh, Mormonism is a cult, without any legitimate claim on Christianity. It is at the very least a sour perversion of the true religion,  and at the worst satanic. 

Yes, that is strong, and yes that is the truth. 
In the LDS (Mormon) scripture, The Pearl of Great Price, we find passages in which Joseph Smith recounts his alleged "first vision" of God and Jesus Christ, who are two separate being and therefore, according to Mormon teaching, two separate Gods. 

(Just a note: They deny the Trinity)


Smith's account gives us an early idea of what Mormons think about "other" Christians-a view never renounced by the Mormon Church:


“My object in going to inquire of the Lord was to know which of all the sects was right, that I might know which to join. No sooner, therefore, did I get possession of myself, so as to be able to speak, than I asked the Personages who stood above me in the light, which of all the sects was right (for at this time it had never entered into my heart that all were wrong)—and which I should join. I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt.”

Evidently Smith believed that Christianity as existed at the time he had this vision was wrong. In fact, there were no groups out there who were right. It was not safe to join any of them. 


I am not sure there is really more to say about this, except this: Mormon's are outside of Christ, and are in need of Salvation. We must evangelize them with the same zeal we would any unbeliever. We must pray for them with the same fervor as we would any lost man or woman. May God be glorified in all things. 

No comments: